- 1 Récupéré je ne sais plus où
- 1.0.1 Administration
- 1.0.2 How To Downgrade The Firmware Version of Siemens S450 SIP Handset
- 1.0.3 To reset the base station to factory:
- 1.0.4 SIP Registration Problems
- 1.0.5 General Usage
- 1.0.6 Handset service information
- 1.1 Infoservices
- 2 Useful links
- 3 A voir aussi sur ce blog
Q: What is the default system PIN and login for the web interface?
A: From the factory the PIN and login are set to 0000 (four zeros). If this doesn’t work please perform a factory reset as below.
How do I factory reset the system?
In the menus on the handset: « Menu »- « Settings » – « Base » – « Base Reset » « OK »
Q: I don’t know the system PIN, how can I reset it?
A: Unplug the power supply unit from the socket.
Press and hold down the paging key on the base station.
Plug in the power-supply unit again.
Keep the paging key on the base station pressed for 7 more seconds. PLEASE NOTE! After the power-supply unit has been plugged in, the paging key must not be held down for longer than thirty seconds. If it is, you will hear a loud noise!!! The noise can be stopped by carrying out the reset again.
The entire contents of the memory will be deleted.
All portable handsets will be deregistrationed.
The system code will be reset to 0000.
To reset the base station to factory:
- power off the device
- press and hold the paging button
- power on the device while continuing to hold down the paging button for an additional 10 seconds
- release the paging key and power off the device after about 5 seconds
- power on the device and everything should be reset to factory defaults
There after click on this link to access your device. You will need to re register your handsets and re enter your VoIP settings.
Now if you believe you have bricked the device. Not to worry, the above procedure will set the device up to automatically locate, download and install the original factory set firmware. Give it at least 15 to 30 minutes, depending upon your connection speed.
Whereupon use the link above to access your device and start all over again.
Note these devices are really hard to brick. Believe me I have tried all sorts of things, short of hitting it with a hammer and trying to jam in something physical into it or something just as silly.
SIP Registration Problems
Q: The phone will not register with my VoIP service provider or PBX system, what is wrong?
A: There are three settings in the telephony section of the web interface:
Usually all three will need the same setting in and this will be either the IP address of the PBX or the proxy/registrar server name given by your VoIP service provider.
Outbound Proxy is not the same as the normal Proxy setting. Only put a value into Outbound Proxy if your VoIP service provider has specifically given you an Outbound Proxy setting.
Q: How can I force the phone to send a call through my analogue phone line?
A: Dial a number as normal but press and hold the green « dial » button rather than pressing and releasing it. This will cause the call to go over the analogue phone line.
Q: Do the Gigaset IP DECT phones support SIP Message-Waiting-Indication?
A: The S450IP, C475IP and S685IP support SIP MWI at the time of writing.
Note There is a known bug in certain versions of the popular Asterisk PBX system. You need an Asterisk version 1.4 or higher for MWI to work with Gigaset phones. The reason is because Asterisk does not follow the rules for the Call-ID value of SIP messages according to RFC3265 section 3.3.4. Please do not report this as a Gigaset bug because it isn’t! Furthermore, it is possible the same bug exists in other SIP systems, the Call-ID in the Notify message should match the Call-ID in the preceding Subscribe message.
Web browse to the Gigaset phone web interface, go to ‘settings’ -> ‘telephony’ -> ‘Network Mailbox’. For the connection you want MWI with, enter the voicemail access number into the ‘Call Number’ box and tick the ‘Active’ box. This will make the Gigaset phone subscribe to the mailbox status.
Q: How do I perform call transfer on a Gigaset phone?
* Answer call.
* Left soft key- ext call (caller hears hold music).
* Phone number- dial number, press send.
* Can select between the two calls using the up and down keys.
* Right soft key- press to conference all 3 users.
* Left soft key- press option, select down to call transfer.
You can also web browse to the base unit’s IP address to change the settings in order to ‘hang up’ on call transfers automatically rather than perform an attended call transfer.
Handset service information
When the handset is in idle status:
Press the display key « Menu »
Press the following keys one after the other * # 0 6 #
The information displayed on the handset includes:
1. Serial number (IPUI)
2. Number of operating hours
3. Variant, version of handset software
Login on it with the details you find on the phones’ management interface at the « Info Services » menu selection.
Click on the link you can see on the page and enter your usernameand password there.
The rest is quite well guided and explained on the Gigaset portal.
It can take a few minutes for the phones to pick up your new settings and changes, but to expedite the process you can follow this procedure:
- pick up the handset
- press two times the red hangup button
- re-seat the handset in the cradle and wait a fewseconds.
Regarding your query about the Gigaset C470 IP, we can inform you that in order to insert a pause for the voicemail, please do the following:
– from the handset, go to « Menu » -> « Settings » -> « Voice Mail » -> « Set key 1 » -> « Network Mailbox » -> « OK » -> enter the number for your voicemail, after the number, make a long press on the « R » key and it will insert a pause and then, enter the PIN -> « Save »
For any query or consultation, please do not hesitate to contact us on the number indicated below or via e-mail from the web page below.
We hope to have answered your query and to have been helpful with the information above.
Have a great day and thank you for choosing Gigaset products.
I am sure this is what I’ve already tried, and it didn’t work, but maybe it does on the latest firmware. I’ll try it when I get home. I’ve actually stopped my VM being delivered to the handset as my wife and I now both have iPhones so it’s much easier to deal with an email attachment on an iPhone than though an IVR interface. I’ll report back for the reference of others.
Use the # key to toggle between uppercase, lowercase and numbers.
- Gigaset Telephones >NextG Internet phones >Gigaset.net >My apps – developer toolkit : write code for the Gigaset phones. You are basically expanding the functionality available through the Info Centre.
- Interactive Info Center does not seem to be supported anymore on C470IP
- C470IP review and forum thread